HARTLAND LAKESIDE ATHLETICS PROGRAM
Hartland Lakeside School District is proud to offer a diverse athletics program for elementary school and middle school children alike. Through our leadership as athletes and educators, we will inspire the community and raise awareness on the importance of inclusive sport and play opportunities for all kids.
SPORTS PROGRAM GOALS
The intramural sports program at Hartland Lakeside will strive for students to achieve and advance in the following areas:
- Maintaining high educational and behavioral standards in the school community they represent.
- Learning sport skills, improving physical conditioning, developing good health habits, and avoiding injuries.
- Learning to control their emotions and developing feelings of self-worth.
- Learning cooperation in a competitive context and appropriate standards of behavior.
- Integrating student leadership skills beyond athletics into school and the surrounding communities.
WHAT DOES OUR ATHLETICS PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
Hartland Lakeside Sports are considered recreational. They are also extracurricular. They are designed for students to be able to play with their peers. Athletes and families will be held to expectations that require commitment, responsibility, and positive behavior.
When attending the games, please keep in mind our players vary in skill level. Some play club basketball all year round. Others are trying the sport for the first time. No matter what their skill level, they take the court, try hard, and aspire to be a teammate, to feel included, and to be a Knight!
Many of our coaches are volunteer coaches and they vary in age and experience. Many of our younger coaches are aspiring to gain more knowledge of the game themselves. They are at the beginning of what could be a long coaching career. Our experienced coaches step aside from their own families to provide opportunities for our students. We appreciate all of the personal time our coaches are putting in with our teams.
EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENTS AND SPECTATORS:
When attending athletic events for participating students or as a spectator, please show good sportsmanship at all times. This is an ideal opportunity to represent the district and show our surrounding community how great our students and families are! A few reminders:
- younger children not participating should be supervised and sitting with parents
- please refrain from bouncing balls in the stands and hallways
- please refrain from disagreeing with a referee, scoreboard operator, or coaches
If you wish to communicate with a coach, please do so through an email after the game. If you wish to communicate about a referee or scoreboard operator, please email the Athletics Director, John Nekich, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-699-5015. Thank you in advance for your support.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
The Mission of Hartland Lakeside’s Middle School Athletics is to provide an enjoyable educational experience based on the developmental characteristics and needs of the athletes.
Hartland Lakeside School District is part of the AMSAC Conference. AMSAC is the Arrowhead Middle School Athletic Conference which has programs throughout the year in conjunction with Arrowhead High School. Hartland Lakeside offers the following.
Girls Basketball Grades (5 – 8) – Registration open July 24 – September 8, 2017
Boys Basketball Grades (5 – 8) – Registration has not opened yet
Girls Volleyball Grades (6 – 8) – Registration has not opened yet
Boys Volleyball Grades (6 – 8) – Registration has not opened yet
Cheerleading Grades (5 – 6) – Registration has not opened yet
Track and Field/Runners Club Grades (6 -8) – Registration open July 24 – September 8, 2017
To play, all students need to be fully registered by the designated deadline. This includes activity permit, concussion waiver, Sports Exam Form, (available on TeamSnap) and full payment. Payments are accepted through Efunds.
REGISTRATION PROCESS INFORMATION
Hartland Lakeside Athletic Registrations will now be completed through TeamSnap. TeamSnap is a sports team management app that simplifies every aspect of team and group organization online and on mobile. We will be able to manage rosters, communicate news and schedules, and share photos. TeamSnap’s sports team management software is free and available on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
TEAM SNAP SIGNUP
- Register online with TeamSnap for fall athletic options. Registration for the following Fall Sports is open from July 24 – September 8, 2017:
AMSAC GIRLS BASKETBALL GRADES 5-8: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/68852
CROSS COUNTRY TRACK AND FIELD GRADES K4-8: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/70145
FLAG FOOTBALL GRADES 3-5: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/72529
- Payments can be made through efunds: https://eps.mvpbanking.com/cgi-bin/efs/login.pl?access=55196. If you would prefer payment by check, please include a confirmation of your TeamSnap registration when submitting your payment to the school office. Checks should be made payable to Hartland Lakeside.
- Wait for an invite to join a team.
- Once you’ve joined the team, download the TeamSnap App on your smartphone for easy communication.
- Families who need access to a computer for registration, please stop by your school office after August 28, 2017.
The intramural program is designed to introduce all students to a team sports community at a early age while giving them opportunities to play on the same team as other classmates.
Please see above for registration information for AMSAC Girls Basketball (Gr. 5-8), Cross Country Track and Field (Gr. K4-8), and Flag Football (Gr. 3-5).
K-5 SPORTS MISSION
Our mission is to empower kids to join us on the field, playing side-by-side with their peers. Through our leadership as athletes and educators, we will inspire the community and raise awareness on the importance of inclusive sport and play opportunities for all kids.
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
“Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” Mike Singletary
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.” Vince Lombardi