800 E. North Shore Drive, Hartland, Wisconsin 53029

District Historical Timeline


1841: School built near East Capitol Drive and Goodwin Avenue


Early 1860’s: Fire destroys the building. A brick school is built on the north side of E. Capitol Dr. at Maple Ave.


1897: Plans made for a 20′ x 30′ addition on the east side of the building


1898: Enrollment reaches 171 students


1906: School board allocates $1,800 to buy land west of the school for further expansion


1909: Bids accepted on a 2 story brick addition. Final cost $12,000


1910: School completed


1924: Hartland Union High School opens


Late 1950’s: Arrowhead South Campus replaces Hartland Unio


1958: Addition completed to Hartland High School and converted into Hartland North Elementary


1978: Hartland South built


1983: District merges with Lakeside School District and becomes Hartland-Lakeside Joint School District #3


1997: North Shore Middle School completed; Hartland North and South become K-4, with 5th grade at Lakeside School


2001: Lakeside School closes; Hartland North and South become K-5


2002: Extensive remodeling is completed at Hartland North and Hartland South



.