800 E. North Shore Drive, Hartland, Wisconsin 53029

2022-23 Open Enrollment Seats

Thank you for your interest in the Hartland Lakeside School District

Non-Resident Families – New to the District:
Please apply for Open Enrollment on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s website.  If your application is approved, you will be notified when to complete the Hartland Lakeside School District’s Online Enrollment Process.

We invite you to schedule a tour at Hartalnd North, Hartland South, or North Shore Middle School by contacting the school office.  We look forward to the opportunity of showing you our schools!

Hartland North:   262-369-6710
Hartland South:  262-369-6720
North Shore Middle School:    262-369-6700

What is Public School Open Enrollment?
Wisconsin’s inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live.  Applications may be submitted to up to three nonresident school districts.

Who may participate in open enrollment?
Students in 4-year-old kindergarten to grade 8 may apply to participate in open enrollment. Parents should call their resident school districts to find out if their 4-year-old children qualify for open enrollment.

How and when may parents apply?
Visit the Wisconsin DPI’s Web site for application information.

School Year – families must apply for an EXCEPTION.
What is an EXCEPTION to the open enrollment application period?
Parents normally apply for open enrollment for the following school year during a three-month application period, which begins in February and ends on the last weekday in April.  However, 2011 Act 114 established a procedure by which parents may apply for open enrollment outside of the regular application period.

Under what circumstances may parents apply for an exception?
There are seven circumstances under which a parent may apply for an exception:

  • The student’s parent and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interests of the student.
  • The student’s resident school district determines that the student is a victim of a violent crime.
  • The student is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
  • The student has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
  • The student’s place of residence has changed due to the parent’s military orders.
  • The student moved into this state within the past 30 days.
  • The student’s place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the student was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the student’s parent or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the student’s parent.

2022-23 Open Enrollment Seats